The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion AO rated PC game with mods
Aorated.com Before there was TESV Skyrim there was Oblivion or TES IV. Back in the time when it was released it was in fact a much better game and much more advanced than Skyrim was for it’s time. Some may beg to differ but you can compare Oblivion to its counter parts in those days. Oblivion still has the largest number of Mods and that is just what you can see on Nexusmods. Oblivion also has the most complete Sex mods that transforms the game into a lot of adult rated stuff while still keeping the game intact. There are a whole bunch of underground mods that you may never come across. It adds many variations, playable scenarios and dimension to the game as you can imagine. The vast number of Adult mods will keep you busy for a long time to come.
Skyrim is getting closer but there is right now a lot of different approaches and conflicts between which implementation is better. FNIS current at 3.x is a great step in the direction. I will not discuss Skyrim here. It would require a separate detailed review on how to make Skyrim as AO Rated as possible. Sticking with Oblivion alone, here is the list of well known Mods that gets you an AO rated Oblivion game experience (PC Only). I have also added some mods that basically implement look and feel of things to complete the AO rated engine as well as to give you just an idea of what’s “out there” so you may go and figure the rest. Here is a step by step guide to make Oblivion AO Rated.
First buy the game as cheaply as possible via Amazon (note only PC version). Many mods will not work with broken/cracked version and may in fact break the game.
1. Install the game via Steam. It is now a steam enabled game only. You should get the disk and extras if you can. It’s well worth it.
2. Start the game. This is important. You need to get through any Intro etc and get atleast one save game. The plan is to get through the grueling , frustrating and stupid introductory chapter which takes place in the sewers. There is absolutely nothing here to do. However at the end you get to select your class, skills etc or change your sex. Right after which you will be finally in the open sandbox world. To save you the trouble of all that I am including the Save Game file at the bottom. The save game file will allow you to select your class/skill/sex etc and finally exit the chapter. Saves you 20+ minutes. Trust me you will miss nothing.
3. Alright you find yourself in the open world. Now is time to save once again and get with installing some Oblivion adult mods and get on the raunchy adventures which Bethesda never intended for you to be enjoying.
Sidenote: This is a hard guide to write, many have written this before and there are several versions, some outdated. It has taken me two weeks just to go over where to begin. I will go for the easiest route here. The problem is compounded by authors who set permissions like “you cannot upload this anywhere else” which means I cannot create a single install package and let you download it. I do wish that all mods were made by Japanese modders, they don’t in the least care about such trivial things as where the file is uploaded when they release something to the internet. I am not ungrateful, it’s just that some of these modders/developers can be childish.
The idea is that you need to install everything that will take care of the following:
1. Add Nudity
2. Add Actions/sequences and animations that take care of sex animations and adventures of which there are too many to count.
3. For any of the above to work, the game has to have some new basic things added to it because Oblivion was not as easy to Mod out-of-the-box
The combinations that are available is astounding so I am going to go with a simple method which will prepare your game for the basic part 3 and part 1. Then I will use only some sample mods plus information on how to get more.
There are two major base adult mods for Oblivion. One is “Lovers with PK” (LPK for short) and the other is “Claudia’s little secret” (CLS). It is suggested that you use only one as they can conflict. There are patches but its not going to be easy to troubleshoot. In this guide I will cover LPK as it is a framework and seems to have more mods that it can be used with to add different functionality. CLS on the other hand might be easier to install but it will be limited to what it has to offer.
Below I have a cleaned up copy of the poster Razarkis from the LL forums who had compiled the entire setup guide for LPK. I am still fixing links and providing alternate downloads.
- The writer recommends noot using “Program files” for game path which is because it was released non-steam. In Steam you can change it. Check in forums on how to put games in different folder than Program Files. However YMMV if you use Program Files, I have not tested it since my Steam Library is in custom path anyway.I include his recommendation for posterity.
Change path to :
- Then, install Shivering Isles, the official patch, then whatever DLCs you want. Personally, I install Knights of the Nine, and that’s it – all of the DLCs just require you more patches, more esps, more instability. Reduce that as much as possible. Knights, however, actually has several fun mods that pull from it/use it.
All these patches and DLC are available on Steam. However start with minimal as mentioned above.
3. Start downloading 3rd party add-ons
As it so happens the latest release of LPK is easier to install. However still not as easy as say for Skyrim. A guide which I could write fairly easily. But still now there is all in one pack which compresses thr hours of install to an hour or so.
LPK is now known as LPAF
Here is the install guide verbatim. In order to give you some encouragement here are some screenshots of what Sex mods can do in Oblivion. These are just samples of over 200 animations and plugins can add all sorts of gameplay or whackiness. Any foudn downloads are at the end of this page.
Lovers Animated Penis Framework
Ok, I’ll bite you say, what in the blue bells of St. Mary is this nonsense?
This is designed to be the best and hopefully easiest version of LPK to install.
It includes an animated penis\futa\dildo (meaning it is able to be moved by the animations), as well
as 134 reworked or new animations, with more on the way.
This package includes all core files as well as Lovers MB2.
You need to install OBSE v20 (or higher): http://obse.silverlock.org/
You need to have the latest version of oblivion (complete with patch 184.108.40.2066)
Shivering Isles is not required for this plugin, but is for many others.
Wyre Bash – I recommend version 295: http://sourceforge.net/projects/oblivionworks/files/Wrye%20Bash/Wrye%20Bash%20295/
Wyre is IMHO the ultimate in Mod Installation and Management.
Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) version 1-1-12 Full: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/2097/?
OBMM is not quite as versital as Wrye but it is occasionally needed if you have to install a plugin that is in OMOD format
Pluggy version 132: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/23979/?
Pluggy is an OBSE plugin that adds functions to Oblivion. Depending on what LPK plugins you may install you “may” need
to rename the dll file from “OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll” to “OBSE_Elys_Pluggy_HUD.dll”.
Elys Universal Silent Voice: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/16622/?
This plugin keeps the subtitles from blitzing by too fast for you to read them.
This plugin adds more OBSE functionality in support of some LPK and other plugins.
After installing the above tools, the next step is to install these plugins prior to the Lovers Animated Penis Framework (LAPF):
1. A male and female nude body plugin.
1a. For Males: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40532/?
Default LAPF uses Robert’s Muscular body. Alternate Robert’s body versions are available in the “Alternate Male Body Pack”.
1b. For Females: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/34442/?
NOTE: This is an OMOD file so you will need to use OBMM to either install it or extract it to a temp location to install it manually!
Default LAPF uses the LL lower body. Most animations are tuned to Hcup but you can use any cup size smaller than that with very few issues. A few animations that have tit grabbing will be slightly off but there are not many of those.
I also recommend grabbing the “HGEC foot fix” as it changes blocky toes into more natural looking ones.
Please remember to select the “No Animations” option if you plan on installing NoMaam’s BBB animations (step 3).
1c. If you wish to use DMRA then grab the “Alternate Female Body Pack” and switch out the lovers meshes with it. I don’t have a particular DMRA
body link that I recommend. Pretty much any of them from the Nexus or Lovers Lab should be fine.
1d. You can also install the Setbody Reloaded plugin, made by our very own Gerra6, that can be found on this site. Unfortunately there are issues
with using it. LAPF does not support multiple body types so you may be left with gaps or seams when sex animations kick in. If you can live with this then by all means run (not walk) over and grab the plugin.
2. Growlf’s Universal skeleton: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/37596/?
(NOTE: You will be overwritting a portion of this when you install LAPF so don’t panic.)
3. BBB animations. I recommend NoMaam: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/35551/?
Now you need to use either Wrye or OBMM to archive invalidate via Bsa Redirection.
If you do not know how then just read this: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ#BSA-redirection
(NOTE: The above link is a handy reference link for those just starting out modding. It contains all sorts of good
NOTE: DO NOT use ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated from the Nexus. That is a very old mod and not considered the current standard.
4. (Optional but Recommended): Delete all 1 to 200 ini files found in Oblivion\data\ini\ – this will ensure that only AP ready animations will be played.
Alternatively if deleting stuff makes you cringe (I completely understand that it may) just move the 1 to 200 numbered ini files to a backup folder somewhere.
5. Finally you are ready to install LAPF. You can manually install by extracting to a temp location and dragging the files and folders to: Oblivion\data\
Alternatively you can create an OMOD file with OBMM or a Bain file with Wrye.
A. If you use DR 6 or UV 2 or some other plugin that uses 3rd person animations in 1st person view then give the LAPF Enhanced 1st Person Skeleton a try.
It was made by Supierce and can be found here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/37432-lapf-enhanced-1st-person-skeleton/
You can now search and install many compatible plugins to add to impossible amounts of Adult content ever imagined.
more content and samples will be added for this game as and when I find it. The game is old but fairly complete with Adult mods and many of them are still only recently coming to Skyrim. Skyrim has been around for over 3 years!
I believe my next post will focus on Skyrim which was much easier and still has a steady stream of Adult modders and fans supporting the game.